Tuesday 26 March 2013

to review Week 6

WE ARE HALF WAY DONE!!

It's hard to believe that we are half way through the 12wbt! It does not seem like 6 weeks but it has been great! I am not the sort of person who has gone all gung ho on this program, to be honest I don't get involved in all the forums and rarely get on the website, except to get my meal plans and dowload recipes. This is about ME! It is my journey! I don't need to read all about other people's problems, stresses etc. There are some awesome blogs out there that are both inspiring and motivating and these are the ones that I draw my inspiration from. I must admit I half heartedly watch the weekly mindset videos as a lot of what Mish talks about I feel doesn't apply to me (for various reason but don't think I don't think she's great because I do!)....Having said all of that, would I recommend the program to anyone else.....ABSOLUTELY!

That obviously wasn't the best advertisement for people wanting to sign up for the 12wbt but I am loving it so far. As I said this journey has been about me and I need to do this for me! Not because a trainer on a video told me to, I can see that some people would need this type of motivation and I applaud EVERYONE who is giving this their best shot!

I have joined a few Facebook pages for support groups for people in my area but I am rapidly finding they are becoming more of a whinge group. I am sorry to say that they frustrate the shit out of me. It seems all people want to do is whinge about how they have 'fallen off the wagon'... 'just ate some ice cream and I feel so guilty'... 'oh my I haven't exercised for a week and now I feel bad'...there was even a "I'm so drunnnkk!' posted close to midnight one night! And it's like they want validation or acceptance or the it's OK from someone, who knows....
I don't read them often because I know this is my issue but occassionally there is some really helpful advice on there. 

The way I see it is this, I have decided that I am still going to live my life. I have made this lifestyle decision but it is not going to rule my life and I am not going to miss opportunities to live it. For example, On Thursday I had an extremely emotional day, I picked up my brand spankin' new car (excited much!) and found out my Mum's Uncle had passed away (sux big time) all within the space of an hour. So when a friend of mine suggested we catch up for Friday afternoon drinks to celebrate the pending end of term, I didn't bat an eyelid! Off we went, 2 bottles of wine and a deep fried tasting platter later I was heading home feeling better! I didn't/don't regret it (although I did have a slight headache and tummy ache during the night), I didn't feel the need to get on a forum or on a FB group and beg for forgiveness instead I got up, got on the treadmill smashed out a run and got on with my day. I am confident I will get to my goal weight and have lived and enjoyed the journey and learning new things about myself along the way.

The reaction I have gotten from some of my friends and colleagues along the way has been varied. Most people wonder what the food is like and ask if we actually get to eat real food! A friend had a look at my folder of recipes and was shocked "Oh my god it's actually real food!" I was warned before I started by someone who knew someone who knew someone (you get the picture)who had done the program to "stock up on chickpeas coz that's all you get to eat"

So I am here to bust some myths! YES it is real food! YES it is delicious! YES there are options and you can change your meal plan if it doesn't suit! YES there are options for Vegetarians, Gluten Intolerant, Pregnant ladies and all other manner of needs. I can assure you, you do not need to have a healthy appetite for chickpeas to enjoy the meals with this program, I have had to use them in 1 recipe and didn't even notice! If you do have an appetite for fresh vegetables and herbs then keep reading! 

Here are some pics of some of the amazing recipes! (mostly breaky ones sorry..)





Yep, that's pasta! and bread! omg......Truth be known, I swear I have eaten more carbs on this eating plan than I have eaten in the last 5 years of trying to lose weight on my own and this is working! If there was one bit of food advice I could give anyone considering this program it would be to start a herb garden now!

I have had to cut back on my exercise due to my back and neck issues and I emailed the 12wbt support crew and they told me to do what I could, heed the advice from my Chiropractor, keep it low impact if need be but that diet was more important for weightloss anyway... My gym put this picture up on their Faceook page and I thought, besides it being a bit cute, it is SO true! I think for once my attitude is right, my eating is right and my exercise is as good as it can be at the moment!

Now if you are really brave and want to scroll down a little more I have finally decided I am brave enough to share some pics of me! I was really starting to notice the difference in my clothes this week and while the scales remained exactly the same as last week I am not disheartened because I have had to start a "no longer fit me because they are too big" pile of clothes in my bedroom! So I decided that seeing as we are half way through I would do a pic and compare it to my 'before pic'.... Feel free to press the red cross in the corner now if you do not wish to see it! I know I still have a ways to go, but it is such a good reminder of where I've come from and keep me focussed on where I'm heading...... here goes...




















So if you have been wondering if you should do this, then my advice would be DO IT! What have you got to lose?


Because it's Tuesday of course I am linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT

and Dear Baby G whose blog inspires me every week!

Dear Baby G

5 comments:

  1. yay for sharing your before and halfway photo. The difference in six weeks is amazing. Well done you for sticking at it. I know what you mean about the forums and groups, it can be hard sometimes to align yourself with the thoughts of others.

    Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for sticking to it! The recipes are so varied and so delicious and everything is pretty much done for you. No thinking, just moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - good work !!!! What an amazing job you have done in 6 weeks !!! I am really glad that this is working for you - keep it up.
    Have the best week !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's working for you! Your before and after shots look amazing!!! You can see that you've toned up considerably!
    I've often thought about doing this program, but I think it's a bit much for the 2kgs I want to lose.

    ReplyDelete